Can vinyl siding be painted?
Can vinyl siding be painted?
We pride ourselves on our property and make every effort to make it as appealing as possible. Vinyl siding will eventually fade after many years of being exposed to the elements. Now we have to decide if we should replace the siding or paint it.
In this article, we will go over the pros and cons of painting siding versus replacing it. We'll talk about how to paint siding properly and the factors that will help you decide whether to replace or just paint it.
Painting old vinyl siding vs. siding replacement
You can update your home's appearance by changing its siding color. Do you need to replace the siding or should it be painted? Both can have benefits. There are both reasons and reasons not to paint your siding.
It can be difficult for homeowners to decide whether they should paint or replace their homes. We're here to help, no matter what your situation may be. As you can see, there are many reasons why you might paint your siding and not replace it. Here are some reasons you might not want to paint siding.
There are many factors to consider before you make a decision to paint or replace vinyl siding.
You may be looking at a new vinyl siding, but painting your current siding might be a cheaper option.
- The condition of the siding. While a fresh coat might make it look better, what you really need to consider is whether your siding is actually protecting your home. Consider replacing your siding instead of painting if it is older than 20 years. That's because most likely, the siding will need to be replaced within five years. A professional siding contractor can inspect your siding in order to determine its age, condition, and recommend the next steps.
- Painting costs vs. replacement. In certain cases, painting may be more economical than replacing. Painting might be more appealing if your siding is in good shape and you have a customized color that you need. On average, a house is painted for $3,700. Vinyl siding costs $5,500 per square foot.
- Condition. If you see buckles, gaps, or moisture, it is time to get new siding. You should not paint siding that has rotten or damaged sections, dents, or holes. It doesn't make financial sense to spend money on something that is already in trouble.
- The aesthetic appearance. Painting your siding will give it a fresh look that will be appealing to both you and your neighbors. This is also true for new siding. It's an aesthetic look that will impress others.
- Keep your home valued by increasing its value. Adding a fresh coat to your siding can make your home worth two to five times more. Most estimates say that replacing siding to increase your home's value will only result in a return of around 80 percent. The curb appeal that draws buyers to your home is something that's often overlooked. They would have been more willing to accept a bid if the old siding had not been removed.
- Warranty. Most siding contractors work with siding producers that offer a warranty. Different warranties exist, so it is important to research all options before replacing siding. You should know that siding warranties are usually voided if you paint them over.
Get a free inspection from a siding contractor. It will enable you to make an educated decision about what steps to take next.
Why should you paint vinyl siding?
Siding won't maintain its original luster forever. The siding's protective coating eventually will wear. The siding will eventually fade due to the sun and grime building up over the years. Power washing can only be used for a short time so you'll eventually have to paint it or replace it.
Choose VIS Exterior for your vinyl siding replacement
vinyl, one of the most sought-after siding materials that we use at VIS exterior today, is a very popular choice. We have found siding manufacturers that offer high-quality products that are durable and long-lasting.
If a paint job is not possible, there are options for vinyl siding. This will improve the appearance and curb appeal of your home.
VIS has a long history of working with leading siding manufacturers. Modern engineering has allowed vinyl siding to be made more efficiently, and our years of installation experience have made us the preferred contractor for replacing siding.
We are known for our ability to install vinyl siding quickly and at a low price. Vinyl siding is low-cost, durable, and attractive. If it isn't properly installed, it will be useless.
Let's talk today about your options.
Remodeling Homes St, Paul
St. Paul, Mn
(651) 272 2640